Any personal and/or contact information provided to us will be kept private (especially emails from readers in blog comments and our newsletter). You will not be spammed in any way and we will absolutely NOT sell or disclose your information to any other companies.
What information do we collect and how is it used?
- Information you voluntarily submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Automatically-collected information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. I may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
How your information may be used
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-party use of personal information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Site may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at the Site’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly Visible Information
If you create a user profile on the Site or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software browser programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Affiliate Program Participation – The Website engages in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Site. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Newsletters – On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Site to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Rights related to your personal information
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Those rights include:
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com
Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) we decide that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation. We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
Sensitive personal information
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.