We all know that celebrities have access to the best of the best regarding clothes and styling, but sometimes they give us too much inspiration. Case in point: street style. With bold colors, over-the-top accessories, and an array of printed pieces, celebs can take even the most basic outfit up a notch. If you want to add a touch of celebrity styling to your look, we’ve got you covered with these tips straight from the stars. Read on for advice on how to dress like a celebrity – no red carpet required!
Clubbing fashion from your favorite stars
Although style stars like Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, and Chrissy Teigen may have access to the best designers and stylists in the world, they also know a thing or two about how to put together a fantastic outfit from everyday pieces. Luckily for us mere mortals, we can learn much from their effortless street style. So here are some tips from our favorite celebrities on how to dress like a star.
- Go for monochromatic looks.
One of the easiest ways to look chic is to stick to a single color palette when putting together your outfit. Of course, this doesn’t mean you must wear head-to-toe black all the time (although that can look great, too). You can also try a monochromatic look with brighter colors – like Kendall Jenner’s all-white outfit.
- Invest in key basics.
Every celebrity has a few key basics in their closet that they always rely on – things like a great pair of jeans, a denim jacket, and a little black dress. If you want to build a wardrobe that will take you from the street to the red carpet, make sure you have some key basics on which you can always fall back.
- Play with proportions.
One of the best ways to stand out from the crowd is to play with proportions – like pairing a cropped top with high-waisted pants or a mini dress with over-the-knee boots. This is a great way to add visual interest to your look and ensure you’re always turning heads.
- Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize.
No matter what you’re wearing, the right accessories can take your look from 0 to 100 real quick. If you want to channel your inner celebrity, make sure you have a few key pieces in your arsenal, like a great pair of sunglasses, a statement handbag, and some bold jewelry.
- Keep it effortless.
The best thing about street style is that it looks effortless – even though we all know that getting the perfect shot usually takes a lot of work. So if you want to dress like a celebrity, make sure your outfit looks like it was thrown together without giving it too much thought. The more effortless your look appears, the more stylish it will be.
Party outfits to inspire you: celebrity-inspired looks for your next event
- For a sleek and stylish party look, take inspiration from Kim Kardashian West and go for all-black everything. Pair a slinky black dress with some killer heels and a chic clutch bag, and you’re good to go.
- If you’re looking for a fun and flirty party outfit, take a cue from Kendall Jenner and opt for a pretty printed dress. Keep the rest of your look simple with nude shoes and a clutch, and let the dress do all the talking.
- Feeling bold? Take style notes from Rihanna and choose an eye-catching party outfit that will turn heads. We love this red hot look – it’s perfect for making a statement at any event.
- For an elegant party ensemble, take inspiration from Kate Middleton and wear a classic black dress. Pair it with some nude heels and a clutch bag, and you’re sure to look like a Duchess.
- If you want to stand out from the crowd, take style cues from Beyonce and choose a show-stopping party outfit. This glittering number is perfect for making a statement – add some killer heels, and you’re good to go.
- For a fun and festive party look, take inspiration from Taylor Swift and wear a red and white dress. Pair it with some nude heels and a simple clutch bag, and you will surely look merry and bright.
- If you’re looking for a sultry party outfit, take style notes from Jennifer Lopez and choose a sexy LBD. Then, keep the rest of your look simple with some nude heels and a clutch bag, and let the dress do all the talking.
- For a glamorous party ensemble, take inspiration from Amal Clooney and go for an elegant black gown. Pair it with some statement earrings and a chic clutch bag, and you’re sure to turn heads.
- If you want a more casual party look, take style cues from Meghan Markle and choose a chic day dress. Pair it with some nude heels and a clutch bag, and you will surely look effortless.
- For a fun and festive party outfit, take inspiration from Kylie Jenner and wear an over-the-top sequined dress. Keep the rest of your look simple with some nude heels and a clutch bag, and let the dress do all the talking.